||Ring of Saturn Recipe Database
Main Course - Quick & Easy No-Ricotta Lasagna
by Sarah Nejdl
||No ricotta, but trust me, you won't miss it. In this recipe, there's no need to precook your noodles.|
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 26.5 oz. can of meat flavored tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups of mixed Italian cheeses (mozzarella, asiago, parmesan, provolone, etc.)
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley, or 2 tsp dried
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodle planks
- salt & pepper to taste
||Cook and crumble meat over medium heat until fully cooked. Drain excess grease. Add the can of tomato sauce and ½ cup of water, simmer on low for 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375°. In a 13"x9" baking dish spread 1 heaping cup of meat sauce along bottom. Place three lasagna planks on top. Add another heaping cup of meat sauce then top with cheese and half the parsley. Place three more planks on top of cheese, cover with remaining meat sauce, cheese and parsley.
Cover with foil, bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover then cook an additional 10 minutes. Let it rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
||the whole family|
|Time to Make