Sauces, Marinades, and Rubs - Flank Steak Marinade
by Sarah Nejdl
||Yummy marinade using flavorful herbs, spices and olive oil as the base. |
- 1 1½ to 2-pound beef flank steak
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tbsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh marjoram or 1 tsp dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or 1½ tsp minced
- 1½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
||1. Trim fat from meat. Score both sides of steak in a diamond pattern by making shallow cuts at 1-inch intervals; set aside. In a small bowl stir together rosemary, marjoram, oregano, garlic, paprika, kosher salt, crushed red pepper, and black pepper. Stir in the oil until combined.
2. Spoon herb mixture evenly over both sides of steak; rub in with your fingers. Place steak in a shallow dish. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 24 hours.
3. For a charcoal grill, place meat on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 17 to 21 minutes or until medium doneness (160°F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place meat on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
4. Transfer grilled meat to a cutting board. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. To serve, slice very thinly across the grain.
||2 of you|
|Time to Make