Dessert - Chocolate Bourbun Pecan Pie
by Sarah Nejdl
||A Southern classic with a twist and a kick.|
- 1 9 inch pie crust
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
||1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, bourbon, vanilla, and salt and mix well. Pour sugar mixture into egg mixture and whisk. Stir in Chocolage chips and pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
4. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until set and golden. May be served warm or chilled.
|Time to Make
||1 hour 30 minutes|