Dessert - Triple Chocolate Rum Cake
by Sarah Nejdl
||This is a natural version of the favorite chocolate rum cake, perfect for Valentine's, Birthdays, or any other occasion.|
- 1 (18.25 oz) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (2.8 oz) box chocolate flavored instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup rum
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 cup unbleached natural cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup raspberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup whipped cream (optional)
||Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray and flour a bundt pan. Put cake mix, pudding mix, rum, eggs, milk, and coil into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low speed for about 1 minute, then on medium for about 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan, then sprinkle the top with chocolate chips and gently swirl them into the batter. Bake for 45 minutes or until done (test with a toothpick). Set cake aside on a wire rack.
Meanwhile, put butter, rum and sugar into a small pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and set aside.
While hot cake is still in pan, use a toothpick to poke holes all over. Slowly pour reserved glaze over cake and let soak in and cool completely. Remove cake from pan, then dust with powdered sugar and serve with raspberries and whipped cream, if desired.
|Time to Make
||1 hour 30 minutes|