Side Dishes - Szechuan Broccoli and Cauliflower
||This is a quick side dish for an Asian meal. We used a SteamFresh bag of mixed vegetables though fresh chopped vegetables works too. If using fresh veggies, steam the broccoli and cauliflower for 5 min., and saute the carrot slices with the ginger & garlic. This recipe assumes the vegetables are cooked and ready to season.|
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 carrot, scrubbed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce (can substitute soy, squirt of ketchup & pinch of sugar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon water
||1. Steam broccoli, cauliflower and carrots until just tender.
2. In a small dish, combine the chili paste, oyster sauce and water; set aside.
3. In a heavy wok or skillet, warm the olive oil, and add the minced garlic, green onion, and ginger.
4. Saute for about 30 seconds (taking care not to allow the garlic to brown).
5. Add the cooked cauliflower, broccoli, and carrot.
6. Toss and stir for about 2 minutes.
7. Pour in the oyster sauce mixture, stirring well to evenly distribute; warm the mixture for about 1 minute.
8. Remove from heat and stir in the sliced green onion.
9. Serve immediately.
|Time to Make