Side Dishes - Wild Rice Pilaf with Cranberries
by Sarah Nejdl
||This dish is so yummy and healthy! The cranberries and dried apricots add flavor, color, fiber and folate. It goes great with pork, chicken and turkey. And it's Teel approved!|
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 14 oz. can of chicken broth
- 1-2/3 cups Rice Select's Royal Blend (Texmati white, brown, wild & red)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup apricots, diced
||1. In sauce pan, melt 1/2 tbsp. of butter over medium heat. Add Onion and celery, cook until tender, about 5 min. Stir in broth, increasing heat to high until broth comes to a boil. Add rice, stir, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 min.
2. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Cover and simmer 15 min. Remove heat, stir in apricots and remaining butter, and let stand 10 min.
|Time to Make